Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hummus


Hummus is super easy and very customizable. Seems like every time I make it it turns out a little different than the last but still is good. I finally wrote down what I did and it still seems to taste different each time. I could be imagining it, who knows. I don't use tahini because of the price and, quite frankly, I like it just the same as the store bought kind with tahini. 

Hummus

Ingredients

1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
1 small clove garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Pinch of salt and pepper
1/8th cup water
About 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons olive oil 

Directions 

Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and water in a food processor. 
Turn it on and let it go for a couple minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. 
Drizzle in olive oil slowly until it reaches a good texture. I like it a little runnier than peanut butter. 
Taste it many times to make sure it's smooth. If it's not just process it bit longer. 



No comments: