Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lemon Chicken Sandwiches


Hi, this is what I ate last night.  My mom made this for us all growing up.  I'm not sure where she got it but these chicken sandwiches are so light and should I say, refreshing? They cleanse your palate and are perfect for warm weather.  No need to be weighed down when you need to fit into that swimsuit right?  I often make these on the stove when it's not grilling season. I don't really have much to say... we all know I am a FABULOUS writer ;). So, just eat one of these and you will be happy.

Lemon Chicken Sandwiches

serves 4

Ingredients

4 Chicken Breast, pounded flat
1 Cucumber, sliced
1 Lemon, sliced into 4 wedges
4 Leaves of Lettuce and/or Sprouts
1 Tomato, sliced
Miricle Whip or Mayo
Lemon Pepper
4 Hamburger Buns

Directions

Preheat your grill to about 450- 500 degrees.  
Season the chicken with a few shakes of lemon pepper.  
Turn the grill to medium and grill the chicken for about 7 minutes per side keeping the BBQ closed, open only to flip the meat.
Removed from grill and create your sandwiches.  
Squeeze the lemon on the cooked chicken.
I prefer Miricle Whip for these sandwiches.  
You can also sprinkle on a little more Lemon Pepper if you want more.
Easy peasy.
Oh, and to make them on the stove just add about 1 Tbs oil to a pan and cook over medium heat.